Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to work any more. It's not that I hate my job, I just don't want to get up and go there every day. I think that's common with guys our age; we're done. I just want to ride motorcycles. My wife doesn't understand this."

~ E.P. 09/08/2008

Friday, November 19, 2021

Global Warming has it's perks

 November-freakin-18 and for a brief couple of hours, ahead of a storm front pushing up from the south, it reached 64 degrees. I was in the process of putting Christmas lights up outside, when I happened to look at a weather app and saw that it had hit 60 degrees. No choice at that point: I had to stop what I was doing, get suited up, and head out for a ride. It's the law.

I figured that I had at least an hour before the weather turned bad, so I ran a figure 8 out around the eastern part of the county. It was a bright, sunny mid-day and any other time I would have ridden for another hour, but things needed to get done so I was back home after 41 miles. Less than 2 hours later the temperature had dropped 15 degrees and it was raining. I'm 99% sure that was the last ride of the season as high temps are in the 40's going forward, but it was a great escape.


As an aside, I've changed my seating position for the 4th time now by installing the 2" riser under the back of my solo seat, and this was my trial ride with it in place. Had to adjust my mirrors again and get the feel of yet another new seating position. I'd estimate I've raised the seat 4" from stock, my hips are above my knees, and it fits me perfectly now. I've already been researching the upgrades for next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment