Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to work any more. It's not that I hate my job, I just don't want to get up and go there every day. I think that's common with guys our age; we're done. I just want to ride motorcycles. My wife doesn't understand this."

~ E.P. 09/08/2008

Friday, September 30, 2011

a ride at dusk

Motorcycle 2005 Ducati S2R1000


I cannot remember the last time that I was out riding after dark, on purpose. It was probably in the 1990's though. First thing is that I only own dark shields and that further reduces any chance of seeing anything at night. More importantly though, I hate cleaning the bugs that get splattered over everything...

Friday 9/30 I wanted to get out for a ride in the afternoon as it was again unusually warm, but work kept interfering. Finally at 17:00 it was either mow the front yard or get out for a spin. The grass keeps growing but there are only so many rides left this year.

It was actually darker out than this picture would indicate, and there was a pretty cool sunset in progress behind me, which you can just get a hint of looking at the windscreen, but the phone/camera washed it out.

The temperature was only around 55 when I went out and dropping fast as the sun went down, but I managed 70 miles over an hour and a half and got home just as it was getting really hard to see. The pace was slower but I had to ride. As a bonus, because it's been so cold at night, there were very few bug strikes to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment