Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to work any more. It's not that I hate my job, I just don't want to get up and go there every day. I think that's common with guys our age; we're done. I just want to ride motorcycles. My wife doesn't understand this."

~ E.P. 09/08/2008

Sunday, September 11, 2011

On any Sunday. Again...

After a successful Friday ride with a couple guys 2 weeks earlier, I decided that I really needed to get back into the Sunday rides and this was the day. 4 of us met up and we went out for a run through the eastern foothills.

The pace was quick but there was a lot of concern for the potential of coming around a corner and finding a washed out section of road from all of flooding after nearly two weeks of rain and the occasional hurricane. And we came across a few areas where cones were deployed or road reconstruction had occurred.

Only real issue throughout the ride was a rear tire that went flat after crossing a long section of sharp gravel down as a temporary road patch. My buddy was able to recognize the feel of the tire going flat and pulled over without incident, and as luck would have it, we were only a few miles from his house, so he grabbed a ride and went home for his truck, hauled back and unloaded the S4, fired up the 851 and we continued the ride.


Motorcycle 2005 Ducati S2R1000
Motorcycle 2005 Ducati S2R1000 group ride


2 of us had to head for home after about 100 miles completed due to the time of day at that point, so that wrapped up my return riding with the regulars. Looking forward to the next time I can get out. With a predicted nightly low temperature of 40 degrees by next weekend, time is running short again.

Where has my summer gone?  Oh, right...


No comments:

Post a Comment