Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to work any more. It's not that I hate my job, I just don't want to get up and go there every day. I think that's common with guys our age; we're done. I just want to ride motorcycles. My wife doesn't understand this."

~ E.P. 09/08/2008

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Future Is ... NOW

Okay, this just blows me away. The next step in the evolution of the sport of motorcycling, which will be made available to John Q. Public : Electric bike manufacturer Brammo is planning to release their next vehicle, and this one promises to, well -- have promise.

MotorcycleUSA writes this about the new Empulse

Here’s a peek:


They are planning for this bike having a 100+ mile range and being able to achieve 100+ mph. It will be interesting to see how that all averages out on a standard ride where a 200lb person runs mainly in the 60 - 90mph range.

It’s still a year away, but the potential is finally here. This is the cutting edge of what may be the most important development our sport makes, transitioning into the future.

After reading various write-ups on this new motorcycle, I began to wonder what it would be like to be around in another 40 years, looking at the vintage bikes at the Rhinebeck meet or the Woodstock ride, and seeing an original 2012 Empulse sitting there. And hearing the comments like
“Wow, look at that old bike.” 
“Yeah, you remember those?”
“I can’t believe people used to ride ‘em. Man, those were the days.”

...and some guy will chuckle, pull the drip pan out from under his 1950-somthing Harley and dump the $28 worth of oil he collected back in, kick start it half a dozen times, and ride off...

No comments:

Post a Comment