Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to work any more. It's not that I hate my job, I just don't want to get up and go there every day. I think that's common with guys our age; we're done. I just want to ride motorcycles. My wife doesn't understand this."

~ E.P. 09/08/2008

Monday, June 21, 2010

Same as it ever was, Same as it ever was

It's been some time since I posted any pics of the new bike so here's a couple now. No new mods, but I'm looking for a definitive shot of this bike, and after trying a couple different options, well, I'm still looking for that shot....

Motorcycle 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R


What I had in mind was something dark. The bike is black, so I envisioned maybe a night shot. Maybe just removing the color from the background. I had thoughts of the bike sitting out in the open with a full moon rising behind it, but that'll have to wait for another location, another time.

So I'm outside at 01:30 this morning trying to find a certain look, and not having much luck as I could not make my camera do what I saw in my mind. I hate that. Most of what I got was incorrectly exposed and saturated. But, I've tried to work with a couple here.

Motorcycle 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R



This shot above is illuminated by one single 60 watt bulb in a yard light, 30' to the left. And way over exposed. But when I cut back on the time, I lost contrast on the black bike... Not that you can tell from this pic, but it was so dark out there I had a tough time telling if the side stand was fully down and I was scared the bike might fall over while I was positioning it.

Motorcycle 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R



Okay, moving 180 degrees in the other direction, I'm not happy with the white wall here, but wasn't going to paint graffiti on my fence. I like this shot, but am bummed it doesn't feature the Akra pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment